- Write a job description, including job duties for each position.
- Determine the qualifying factors that predict job success.
- Develop a list of open questions that will uncover the success factors desired. Be sure to include both open-ended situational and behavioral questions. For example, “If you were in a stressful situation, how would you handle it?”
- Develop a rating system to objectively rate each candidate.
- Outline a step-by-step interview agenda.
- Consider a do-and-observe task where you can observe the candidate performing an actual task.
- Complete a thorough reference and background check.
- Never stop working on improving your hiring process.
Subscribe to BusinessKnowledgeStrategies.comWe hate spam too and promise never to give your email to anyone.
- Build a Successful Business Model
- Develop Successful Marketing Strategies
- Initiate Effective Financial Management Tools
- Develop Efficient Business Processes
- Hire the Right People
- Train for Productivity
- Motivate Your Employees
- Build a Successful Sales Organization
- Develop Effective Speaking and Listening Skills
- Develop Successful Leadership Skills